Commercial Leasing in Salem, OR
Commercial leasing is a big business in Salem and Marion County. It’s a good market for commercial real estate, whether you’re a property owner or a tenant. Finding the perfect property for your business can be a challenge if you don’t understand market trends in Salem, and finding a good tenant is difficult if you don’t know what to look for.
At Nathan Levin Co., our experts help both owners and commercial tenants with the leasing process. We have extensive experience in this market and in commercial real estate, and we don’t rest until we find our clients their ideal property or tenant.
What You Need to Know as a Commercial Property Owner
If you’re a first-time commercial property owner, you may not know the ins and outs of commercial leasing. Having commercial real estate experts like Nathan Levin Co. to help you with the leasing process can make finding a tenant go much more smoothly.
You want to be sure you find a responsible tenant whose business activities will allow them to make rent payments on time. You may have other reasonable terms you’d like your tenants to follow – but the hard part is sifting through all those lease applications to find just the right one for you.
There’s more than one approach to commercial property ownership. Some owners are more hands-on, preferring to know about every problem, transaction, or detail concerning the property. If you are more hands-on, you may not want your tenants to change much about your property.
Other owners tend to be more lax, and are mostly concerned with receiving the benefits of their asset than managing it directly. Finally, there might be owners who inherited or came by a commercial property through special circumstances and have no idea where to start.
Whatever type of property owner you are, our commercial leasing services can help you identify your ideal tenant. We can arrange the application process, help you choose parameters for tenants, and even interview tenants and show your property. We do all the legwork and present you with our top tenant choices, so all you have to do is choose.
Signing a Retail Lease in Salem and Marion County
Before you sign a retail or commercial lease, you should keep some important factors in mind.
- Be patient. It can take time to find the perfect retail space for your business, so don’t rush anything. Leave yourself enough time to do a thorough search and fully evaluate properties.
- Beware of additional fees. For residential rentals, the landlord usually gives you a good idea of how much utilities will cost if they are in addition to your rent. With business landlords, you may have extra fees like landscaping, garbage pickup, shared housekeeping, or other services for the maintenance of the building.
- Don’t be afraid to negotiate. When you work with Nathan Levin Co., we’ll negotiate with the landlord on your behalf to ensure you get the best deal.
- Look at multiple properties. No matter how great a property is, never settle on the first one you see. Keep your options open and search for the best value!
- Speak with your lawyer. Don’t sign anything until your business lawyer or legal team has reviewed and approved it.
- Assess the property. Hire a professional assessor to evaluate the property’s current conditions for you. You don’t want any surprises.
- Understand the terms of the lease. Lease terms for commercial properties in Oregon differ from those of residential properties. Our experts will help you understand the lease terms, so you know what to expect and what you’re signing on to.
- Work with an experienced real estate agent. The best way to ensure you don’t make any errors or work with a less-than-reputable landlord is by working with an experienced real estate agent. At Nathan Levin Co., we have in-depth knowledge of the Salem market and have worked with many commercial property owners. We’ll help you get the best value on a property for your business.
Commercial Real Estate Experts
At Nathan Levin Co. our goal is to make leasing a commercial property seamless for our clients. We can help both landlords and tenants in their search, and negotiate for favorable terms no matter which side of the contract you’re on. We have extensive knowledge and experience in commercial real estate in Marion County.
If you’re ready to find the perfect property or the perfect commercial tenant, give us a call today!